Monday, July 16, 2012

cabramatta, nsw:





Sydney is a multicultural city. Growing up, this is something I would hear over and over, and something I do know, but really take for granted. 
On Sunday, I ventured about an hour or so out west with my friend Emma to Cabramatta, a pocket of Sydney with a large Vietnamese and south-east Asian population. This is the place to go for amazing Vietnamese cuisine (one of my faves) with bustling restaurants, food markets and a real lively atmosphere. We wandered around taking in all the sights, scents and tastes, soaking up as much of the area as we possibly could. And the food - so good. I'm already planning my return. 
Below is a small snapshot of Cabramatta through my eyes. Enjoy.





















8 comments:

  1. Y to the UM!! I've been wanting to go for ages... how were the fabrics? I've heard they're good there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures and love Sydney!! Lived in Randwick for 6 month and would love to go back one day. XOXO from germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pho looks fabulous - yummy. i love the multicultural diversity in australian cities, there is always something new to discover! great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinese characters are so beautiful! I can't believe these were all taken in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing Gemma! Amazing photograpy, so transporting! It really feels like another country. I love the diversity of Sydney and Beef Pho soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely would've believed you if you said these were taken in asia! what a lucky gal you are to live in such a diverse city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible photos Gemma. What a talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful photos, what a gorgeously vibrant place! I can almost smell that pho... :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...