Monday, September 9, 2013

some souvenirs:

our wall of treasures has grown quite significantly. from left to right, we bought the straw brush, woven bag, tin heart, hand painted cross, tin pineapple and paper mache skeleton in oaxaca, mexico.




Sadly my last post marked the end of our travels in Mexico and America, however I thought I'd share with you a few things we bought on that trip, now taking pride of place in our home (with all sorts of other bits and pieces).

I thought I'd also let you know that I am off overseas again in a few weeks, so there will be plenty more travel posts coming your way! For now the location is a secret, as the trip is a surprise for my mum's 50th birthday. My sister and I have planned to take her way on a trip, however the surprise bit is that mum has no idea where we are off to, and will only find out once we arrive at the airport! Exciting stuff! Do stay tuned for the big reveal.

So back to the souvenirs. When travelling I'm always on the look out for things for our home. I like the idea of having an eclectic collection of treasures with a story behind them. On this trip, we bought most of our treasures in Mexico, with our favourites being found in La Lagunilla flea market. I find rearranging and redecorating is always a good way to ease those post trip blues!


from left to right, we bought the ceramic cone fromt he general store in los angeles, and the crucifix and oil painting from la lagunilla, mexico city.
religious painting on the left from la lagunilla, mexico city.

black ceramic skull from oaxacamexico.

from the left, tiny painted ceramic bowl from oaxaca, clay figure and wooden cross from la lagunillamexico city.




5 comments:

  1. I love the way you showed the souvenirs this time!

    showing exactly where you display them in your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your home is big inspiration for us! i love all the beautiful items you pick up on your trips. did you paint that over your fire place, or was it originally like that? it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!! i love this, ever so much
    so inspired... i love acquiring mementos from trips, and displaying them is a brilliant idea
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...